Conditions for using this site and Terms of Hire.
If the booking was made by Telephone or the Internet then the hirer may cancel the contract up to seven days after the contract was made and will receive a full refund of monies paid, provided that the cancellation is in writing and sent by post, fax or e-mail to the Company. Where the equipment has already been dispatched by carrier or to the location the hirer is due to pick up, then the hirer will be liable for the costs of the dispatch and return of the goods. In such circumstances, the equipment must be returned unused to the Company, and within seven days of its receipt, or normal hire charges will apply. For other cancellation options and fees please see term 6 of our conditions of hire below.
Roofbox2hire is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Roofbox2hire may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2021.
What Information does Roof box 2hire collect?
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address, home or business address & telephone Number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To process you order of our products and services
- Manage your online account.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- Where we have your consent, we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We will not share your personal details with any third parties for the purpose for marketing.
- We do not store any credit card and or bank details
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Who does Roofbox2Hire share my personal information with?
Roofbox2hire needs to share information with certain selected third parties in order to operate our business:
- We provide information to third parties involved in the delivery chain (for example freight forwarders, couriers and delivery companies). On occasion, we also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors.
- We may share information with credit reference agencies and with third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
- In the event that we sell any business assets, the personal information of our customers may be disclosed to a potential buyer. In this event, we will make reasonable attempts to ensure the buyer will be bound by the terms of this privacy statement.
- Roofbox2hire may also disclose personal information in cases where we believe the disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Roofbox2Hire, our customers, employees or the public, or where we are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
Where does Roofbox2hire store my personal information, and how long for.
We keep your data safely and securely for as long as we need it for the purposes set out above. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim.
Where we no longer have a need to keep your information or you request for erasure, we will delete your personal data. When you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We accept payments from American Express, Visa, Mastercard, Access, Switch, Solo, Delta, Visa Electron cards. For your security, all our credit card transactions are processed by Worldpay. Your credit card details are encrypted and held securely.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- You may unsubscribe from any email that may be sent to you.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please either write email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Unit 2 Thornhill Works, Billingshurst Road, Coolham, West Sussex, RH13 8QN.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
For questions regarding this privacy notice or how we use your personal data, please click here to see our options of how to get in touch.
You are also entitled to contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal information.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF HIRE
These terms and conditions form an integral part of your hire contract with LZAF Limited trading as Roofbox2Hire, hereinafter referred to as the “Company”.
The registered number is 7674862
Registered Office is Unit 2 Thornhill works, Billingshurst Road, Coolham, West Sussex. RH13 8QN.
The “Hirer” is the person whose name & address appears at the top of the hire contract of which these terms and conditions form a part. The hirer must be at least 18 years old. The Hirer accepts full legal liability for all the equipment listed on the hire contract(s) irrespective of whether the equipment is for the Hirer’s personal use, or that of another member of his/her party, booking under the same contract booking number.
“Equipment” includes Roof Boxes, Roof Racks, Snow Chains and any other item(s) hired by the Hirer from the Company. The hire period is the date from which the equipment is collected/received by
the hirer from the Company or its agents, until the date that the hirer is due to return the equipment. Both these dates are clearly stated on the hire contract.
CONDITIONS OF HIRE
1. When the hirer receives their hire contract it is the hirers responsibility to check the details of the contract especially the dates of hire, delivery address and delivery information, details of your vehicle and or tyre size, and the equipment you have hired.
2. The Hirer accepts full personal liability for the equipment from the time he\she receives it from a member of the Company’s staff or agents, until it is returned to the Company at the end of the hire period.
2.1 The company accepts that in the case of fair, wear and tear to the equipment then the hirer will not be charged for the replacement cost.
2.2 The hirer shall not remove any labels from and interfere with the equipment, their working mechanisms or any part of them and shall take reasonable care of the equipment whilst on hire.
2.3 The hirer will take adequate and proper measurers to protect the equipment from theft, damage and or risks such as adverse weather.
2.4 Where the hire goods require fuel, oil/or electricity ensure that the proper type and or voltage is used and that where appropriate, the equipment are properly installed by a qualified and competent person.
3. Replacement Costs.
The Company reserves the right to charge the hirer the full replacement cost of such equipment if it becomes damaged, lost or stolen during the period of hire, or until it has been returned to the
Company. In the first instance if possible, we will only charge for the replacement parts and labour to repair the damage otherwise the replacement costs are as follows:
Roof Boxes (All prices include VAT where applicable). Pacific 500, Small & Ranger £250, Thule 600 £280, Thule Medium £320, Thule Alpine £375, Thule Large £400, Thule XL £600, Thule XXL £750. In some cases, when a roof box has been damaged It is possible to repair the Roof box and the minimum cost of repair is £200.00.
Roof Rack & Bike Carrier
Thule Rack 757/775 & Bars £100, Thule Rack 751/753/754, Bars & Fitting Kit £125, Thule Evo Clamp, fitting Kit & Clamp £175, Ski Carrier £50 each, Bike Carrier £40 each. Tow bar Bike carrier £350 Lost Keys Chargeable at £20 per key. Broken Key in Box/ Rack £50.
4. Delivery / Collection of Equipment
4.1 The Hirer or his/her agent will sign a receipt for the equipment on collection. By signing the hirer acknowledges that they have inspected the equipment & confirms it is the equipment ordered and it is in satisfactory working order and condition. 4.2 Where the company delivers the equipment to the hirer, the agreed delivery & collection date are printed on the contract unless
they are the same as the hire dates.
4.3 It is not possible for the hirer to request an exact time of delivery/collection, instead a two-hour time slot will be sent to the hirer by text or phone call approximately 18 hours prior to the agreed delivery/collection day.
4.4 If the hirer is not at their location between these times the company reserves the right to charge a second delivery / collection cost.
4.5 As the delivery/collection route is based on numerous deliveries, time constraints and a circular route, the company reserves the right to refuse to alter the route once the hirer has been notified of their time allocation.
4.6 The company cannot fit equipment on red routes or main Carriageways.
4.7 The company must have access to be able to park their vehicle close to the vehicle the equipment is being fitted to. ie not more than 25 Metres away.
4.8 The Hirer will be responsible to pay for any parking fee for the company’s vehicle if it is so required to be able to fit the equipment to your vehicle.
4.9 It is the hirers responsibility to give the correct information to the company regarding their vehicles details so the company can ascertain the correct roof rack.
4.10 If upon fitting of the rack this information is proven to be incorrect, it is then the hirers responsibility to either collect the correct equipment from the company depot or if a re delivery can be arranged there will be a minimum of a £30 charge. If the correct equipment is unavailable, then there is no refund of the hire.
The company will allow the hirer to change the details once free of charge after you have completed your booking, subject to the equipment still being available. The company will not accept any
changes 7 days prior to your departure. All amendments must be in writing and sent by post or e-mailed to the Company. Any subsequent amendments will be charged at £15 per amendment.
If the booking was made by Telephone or the Internet then the Hirer may cancel the contract up to seven days after the contract was made and will receive a full refund of monies paid, provided that the cancellation is in writing and sent by post, fax or e-mail to the Company. Where the equipment has already been dispatched by carrier or to the location the hirer is due to pick up, then the Hirer will be liable for the costs of the dispatch and return of the goods. In such circumstances, the equipment must be returned unused to the Company, and within seven days of its receipt, or normal hire charges will apply.
Cancellation Fees: The following charges will apply:
6.1 No refunds will be made for cancellations made within seven days from the commencement of the hire period.
6.2 Cancellations made between 8 to 20 days before departure are
subject to a fee 35% of the value of the hire contract, (subject to a minimum charge of £15).
6.3 Cancellations made 20 days or more, before the commencement of the hirer period are subject to an administration charge of £15.
6.4 Covid-19 If after the hirers booking you are unable to travel because of a Government restriction placed upon your travel, the Company will allow the hirer to postpone their booking for up to 12 months from the date of the original hire without the loss of the hirer’s monies paid to date.
7. It is possible that the equipment which you have pre-booked may have been lost or damaged by the previous hirer. In this event, the Company will use every endeavour to provide the Hirer with
equipment of at least the same quality & value as that ordered by the Hirer. Should the Hirer not wish to take the alternative equipment offered, he\she will be entitled to a full refund in respect of the missing equipment. However, the Company accepts no further liability.
8. Returning Equipment Late.
If the equipment is returned after the RETURN DATE printed on the contract, the Company reserves the right to charge the Hirer at the daily rate of hire for each day the equipment is late up to the replacement cost of the equipment, as specified in paragraph “3” above, together with any legal fees or associated recovery costs.
The Company also reserves the right to demand a deposit from any hirer at any time up to and including the Hirer collecting the equipment from the Company. The amount of such deposit is to be at the absolute discretion of the Company.
10. The Company reserves the right to refuse to hire equipment to any client with whom it does not wish to enter a contractual relationship. The Company reserves the right to cancel a contract at any time & without notice, whereupon it will refund to the hirer any monies paid. Following such a refund, no further liability will exist between the hirer & the Company.
11. Roof Rack Fitting
11.1 It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure that these items are correctly fitted to the appropriate vehicle & remain properly fitted during the period of hire. Where members of the Company’s staff assist the Hirer with fitting such equipment to a vehicle, this will be entirely at the Hirer’s risk and the Company accepts no liability for any damage caused either to the vehicle or third parties as a result of fitting such equipment.
11.2 In the event the roof box/roof rack becomes detached from the roof, the hirer accepts full responsibility of damage caused by the roof rack/roof box to the vehicle, equipment, any other vehicles, property and persons.
11.3 The maximum total weight including the roof bars and roof box must not exceed 100 kg. This can be even lower if the roof rack has a lower weight stipulated on your contract. It is the hirers responsibility that you do not exceed this capacity as the danger of exceeding this weight is that the roof rack/box can be become detached from your roof.
13. Save as provided in these conditions & to the extent that the exclusion or restriction of liability may be prohibited by statute, the company will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury caused, directly or indirectly by the equipment or its use. Your statutory rights are not affected.
14. FORCE MAJEURE. While every effort will be made by the Company to carry out any order accepted the full performance of it is subject to variation or cancellation by the Company consequent upon Act of God, War, Strikes, Riots, Lockouts or any other disturbances. Fire, Flood, Storm, Gale or Tempest restrictions on the use of Transport, Fuel or Power. Requisitioning Storage of material or transport or labour or any other cause beyond the control of the Company.
15. The Company is committed to processing data in accordance with its responsibilities under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR). For more details on our Private Policy please visit www.roofbox2hire.com/terms-conditions/
USEFUL TIPS FOR USING YOUR ROOF BOX
I. Do not try and take the key out of the box when it is open. The box is not designed to operate like this.
II. Please make sure all the locking lugs are inside the box and the box is shut properly.
III. When shutting the box and if the key struggles to turn then it is likely the box is overloaded so please re-open the lid and move items away from locking arm or hinges.
IV. Do not overload the box as there is a weight limit for each rack. Please see your contract for your specific limit.
V. Please put heavier items in the middle of the box and lighter items at the ends.
VI. Also, remember your height of your vehicle has been extended and may not fit under car park entrances.
Version January 2021